Join a community of support!
Who are our members?
Our members are the heartbeat of the North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition! They believe in the vision of having vibrant communities where breastfeeding and human milk feeding is a part of the fabric of life. NCBC members are committed to engaging with people across the state to make the vision a reality.
Our members are lactation consultants and nurses, academics and government workers, parents, midwives, childbirth educators, doulas, massage therapists, physicians, and public health professionals. The energy of our diverse membership is the foundation for all the work we do to advance our mission.
You can find our members actively participating in collaborative community work, creating environments of genuine breastfeeding support for families through education and advocacy across North Carolina.
Making a difference
What areas are NCBC members currently impacting?
- Creating a space for parents to share experiences and connect with other parents across the state
- Growing the field of lactation experts by offering IBCLC Scholarships
- Hosting an annual educational lactation conference; bringing parents, advocates, and professionals from across the state together
- Pioneering programs that center community support for breastfeeding families by training peer counselors in their own communities and connecting them to medical clinics who serve mothers and babies
- Sponsoring 3 prestigious awards that compel outpatient medical clinics, inpatient birthing facilities, and businesses across NC to implement best practice that support and welcome breastfeeding
Benefits of Membership
When you become a member you are saying yes to normalizing breastfeeding in North Carolina!
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
- NCBC Voting privileges
- Eligibility to serve as an NCBC board officer
- Eligibility to serve as an NCBC project committee chair
How to join!
Please fill out our Online Application. Dues can be paid by clicking the PayPal link on the form. Dues can also be paid by check mailed to the address on the online form.
Membership runs from January 1 to December 31. Applications received after October 1 will be rolled over to the next calendar year’s membership dues.
Individual Memberships are $25 annually.
Organizational Memberships range from $250 - $5,000 annually.
With each organization membership there is one designated voting member who is also a member of the NCLCA, i.e. one person automatically becomes an NCBC and NCLCA member and pays no fees.
The organization can invite an unlimited number of its own members to join NCBC at half the normal rate for an individual i.e. $10 per person.
Organizations MUST follow The International Code of Marketing Breastmilk Substitutes. This purposely and effectively bans formula companies and similar from joining NCBC.
Donate to NCBC
Additional donations are always welcome!